The NHS can provide free, non-emergency transport to certain patients who are eligible, ie there must be a real medical need and/or severe mobility issues.
To make a request for transport, at a time which is suitable for you:
- Call the Patient Transport Clinical Assessment and Advice Centre on 0845 8500774. Lines are open Monday-Friday, 8am-6.30pm and Saturday, 8am-12 midday.
- Please have your NHS number, details of your GP surgery and hospital clinic and appointment detail to hand.
- You will be ask some questions to verify that you are eligible.
- If you are not eligible for transport you will be offered advice on alternative options.
- You can make a booking up tp 48 hours in advance of your appointment.
New Hospital Rides Service
Hospitalrides is a brand new car sharing scheme for both out-patient appointments and in-patient visiting.
Please download a poster to learn more about this new local service.